Protect Wildlife: Respect Trail Closures
The Snowmass Village Animal Services Department enforces trail closures to protect sensitive wildlife habitats during vital times of the year. The winter closures, as listed below, protect important winter ranges.
December 1st - May 16th Closures:
- Rim Trail North: December 1 - May 16
- Seven Star Trail: December 1 - May 16
- Upper North Mesa Equestrian Trail: December 1 - May 16
- Sky Mountain Park: December 1 - May 16
Other Seasonal Trail Closures:
- Anaerobic Nightmare Trail: April 25 - June 21
- Sequel Trail: April 25 - June 21
- Tom Blake Trail: April 25 - June 21
- Government Trail east of Elk Camp Work Road: May 15 - June 21
Review our wildlife area closures map to view these areas in our GIS portal.
Trail closures are strictly enforced by the Town's Animal Services Division, in partnership with Colorado Parks & Wildlife. Wildlife monitoring cameras are in use in closed areas.
There is a zero tolerance policy for trail closure violations and fines can reach up to $5,000.
Thank you for your patience and respecting wildlife!